< Graphic Designer //
The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. Their designs are required for a huge variety of products and activities. Designers giving organizations a visual ‘brand’. A graphic designer works to a brief agreed with the client, creative director or account manager. They develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client’s objectives. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job.
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Determine which type of visual art will be best suited to produce desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD).
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects, using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software.
- Assist in developing storyboards (a series of drawings/images planned) for electronic productions, such as multimedia, interactive and digital products, television advertising and productions, etc.
- 2 years experience in graphic design
- Interest in visual art, expression of creativity and the ability to draw or paint
- Good organizational skills
- Interest in keeping up with new developments in graphic design
- Good computer design skills
- Ability to pay attention to fine details and focus on completing a task (editing manuals, proofreading documents, checking for grammar and spelling errors.)
- Must have artistic capacity and strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Graphic designers must also have strong portfolios that showcase examples of their best work.
- Skills in photography, digital media, CAD, advanced graphic design, drawing, and typography.